Congratulations to the winners of the Make it Open Schooling Competition!
The “Make it Open Schooling (MiO) Competition for Teachers 2023” aimed to foster the use of an Open Schooling approach to teaching and learning in primary and secondary education. In addition, its goal was to increase awareness of the value and benefits of employing such an innovative pedagogical approach.
The winners are:
- Sónia Abrantes, Portugal: LS Discovering Geology
- Cristina Iulia Anghel, Romania: LS Earthquakes and their effects
- Demetris Lazarou, Cyprus: LS Geology and Seismology in our local area
- Irene Christou, Cyprus: LS Geology and Seismology in our local area
- Nicos Lazarou, Cypru: LS Geology and Seismology in our local area
- Constantin Lucian Vladescu, Romania: LS Reforestation why and how?
- Ruth Zubery, Israel: LS StepUp
The winners will join the 40th Science Projects Workshop (SPW40) in the Future Classroom Lab, at EUN headquarters in Brussels. The workshop will take place on Friday 16th and Saturday 17th of June 2023.
The Make it Open Schooling Competition was part of the 2023 STEM Discovery Campaign. This year’s campaign was a record-breaking success. More than 360,000 teachers and students worked hard between February and April 2023 to put their schools on the map and showcase their STEM activities. We congratulate every one of them on the quality of their work!