Make it Open Schooling MOOC
Would you like to learn more about Open Schooling and the Maker Movement’s ideas and pedagogy? Join this online course and learn how the Open Schooling approach to teaching and learning can be integrated into your teaching – particularly science education – and be coupled with Maker pedagogy.
The course will also provide tips on how to engage external experts and local stakeholders in your Open Schooling educational activity.
Register here: Make it Open Schooling | European Schoolnet Academy
The Make it Open Schooling MOOC will:
- Introduce participants to Open Schooling, Maker pedagogy, as well as Inquiry-Based Learning and help them understand how they can be integrated into their educational activities.
- Empower teachers with a new methodology and support its use via the creation of an engaged community.
- Introduce the Navigator as well as the other ready-to-use materials created within Make it Open and guide participants to their use.
- Provide a detailed guide and concrete examples for the creation of an Open Schooling Learning Scenario and/or education activity.
- Create a network of teachers/educators familiar with and enthusiastic about Open Schooling.
Date and registration
The course will be held online from 9 January to 15 February 2023, with an estimated workload of 20 hours.
If you are a primary or secondary school teacher, science teacher, curriculum designer or non-formal education professional who wants to put schools at the heart of the local community, register here: Make it Open Schooling | European Schoolnet Academy
Whether you are a course participant, a Ministry of Education, or a network organisation in the educational field: we welcome your support in spreading the message on this free online course.
To make communication as easy as possible, you can find materials in a compressed folder. This promotional pack (in English) includes a document with detailed information on how to promote the course in communications with your networks and audiences, as well as all visuals and suggested social media messages.
Behind the MOOC
Make it Open combines the philosophy of the maker movement with the inquiry-based approach of citizen science and the concept of Open Schooling to make science learning more accessible and transform schools from traditional educational institutions into community partnerships.
Scientix, the community for science education in Europe, promotes and supports a Europe-wide collaboration among STEM teachers, education researchers, policymakers and other STEM education professionals.